Week 2 Sprint Results

For this sprint, I tried to make the bus work, realized it was becoming a black hole of time where I wasn't really sure where it was going to end up, and decided to focus on other models while shelving it for the time being. However, I did find good reference for the bus, and got good pictures of the near-exact make and model to model from.








Instead, I worked on the utility pole model; something that was easily available to me. I found reference for the recommended dimensions of a wooden utility pole, found a reference of the Utility pole from Nuketown itself, and composited it in order to create the necessary reference for the model. I then created a high poly and low poly model, which I textured and made sure worked in the scene as an LOD model. 







Additionally, since I knew I wanted to procedurally generate the power cables instead of modeling them in Unity, since there's multiple Utility Poles and it'd be a huge waste of resources to make a dozen realistic looking 3D cables, I decided to make a Unity scene where I could test all the scripts I wanted to run. 



Additionally, I knew I wanted a texture for the astroturfed lawns, and I was willing to put in the time to make it work. Based off of visual reference from Nuketown, I looked at what the grass textures were doing and tried to apply what I knew about PBR textures to it. I recognized that the ground had kind of a stippled texture with slight discoloration and grainy textures, along with grass alphas which I've yet to figure out. Also, the nuketown grass tended to sort of fade out along the edges of the sidewalk, and I wanted to make sure that was controllable, so I created a PBR smartmaterial that would allow the terrain modelers to create those lawns. 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3 Sprint Results

Week 4 Sprint Results

Final Post